The Future of Media – Miyagi Mornings Epi-134 - Jack Spirko
If you like these videos you will likely love my podcast and all my other stuff you can find at http://tspc.co
I really love the quote I used for this videos thumbnail, it is almost as good as the one by James Redfield I was trying to find. The quote is of course…
“History is not just the evolution of technology; it is the evolution of thought.” ~ James Redfield, The Celestine Prophecy
The quotes I was trying to find is even more in line with today’s episode. It was to the effect that paraphrasing here, "in the future citizen journalists with small cameras will dominate the world and tell the truth the big media won’t".
I can’t remember the exact quote but it bares mentioning this series of books (4 in total) was authored from 1993-1999 and I am pretty sure the quote I am referencing was in the second book released in 96 (The Tenth Insight) at the latest it would have been in The Secret of Shambala (1999). So this is before everyone and their brother had a YouTube account and social media dominated the world.
Redfield had some other predictions written into his novels that were fiction of course but meant to convey spiritual truths. One was that in the future people would tithe to each other when one person gave information of value to another. This was absolutely in the first book released in 1993. Long before social sites integrated micro tipping.
In other words Redfield like most visionaries got the what right, but not really the how. We don’t run around today with VHS camcorders and write paper news letters and tip people that help us along the way with a few USD. But we do carry a high tech video camera everywhere we go, we use blogs, micro blogs, video and audio platforms to decimate information. And people do send money (more and more as crypto) to those how provide information seen as valuable.
More! Despite "big tech censorship" there is really no censorship in that anyone can get out any information they want to and anyone who really wants to can find it. On top of this new platforms are being created to make it difficult to impossible for even the creators to actually censor content. And we are just getting started. Strap in today as I lay out what I think the next decade will look like. Much like Redfield I expect to get the what pretty well nailed down, as always though as technology evolves though, thought will along with it.
P.S. – I loved the first of Redfield’s books enough that I read them all. They were all good, not great though. Lots of woo woo in them, some way beyond my system of beliefs, however, there is a lot to learn in them. The first two are better than the third. The fourth is okay but it does so much rehashing and the story while having new settings and supporting characters along the way, never really changes. Bluntly it is a series more successful for how insightful it is than the story telling skills of the writer.
Flag Featured in this video is here – https://amzn.to/36wGHXK
Microphone I use – https://amzn.to/3AXdS4C
Celestine Prophecy Series by James Redfield – https://amzn.to/2U9tcdX
Original Publish Date:
Find out more from this author:
- Back Porch Chat with Jack - 9-24-21
- Ron Paul
- Building a Resilient Lifestyle and Homestead Business
- Knowing When You Need to Take a Step Back – Miyagi Mornings Epi-170
- It isn't All Inflation, Some Crazy Shit is Coming – Miyagi Mornings Epi-169
- Ep 54: Underground Networking
- Betsy Dewey - Know Your Rights. Use Them. Keep Them.
- Surviving Economic Shifts will Require Drastic Thinking – Miyagi Mornings Epi-168
- Understanding How you Think After Military Service – Miyagi Mornings Epi-167
- Back Porch Bloody Mary Livestream Today at 11AM CST
- Get Ready for Bitcoin ETF Fuckery – Miyagi Mornings Epi-166
- Breaking Your Obedience Training – Miyagi Mornings Epi-165
- Building Wealth is Boring – Miyagi Mornings Epi-164
- Could The US Break Up USSR Style? – Miyagi Mornings Epi-163
- Episode - 52 - Civil Disobedience Part 2 - Unloose the Goose