Why I Don't Trust the Authority of Science – Miyagi Mornings Epi-133 - Jack Spirko
If you like these videos you will likely love my podcast and all my other stuff you can find at http://tspc.co
The short answer to why I don’t trust science as an authority is because it is not supposed to be an authority in the first place. Science is supposed to be a process and a never ending one. The journey from hypothesis to theory should be rigorous. The journey from theory to scientific law should be like a journey to the 7th level of hell.
Instead we have a dogma that is so much more insidious then the common screeching today of "the science is settled". This shrieking by the masses is a symptom not the problem. The problem is the scientists that practice the mindset in direct conflict with scientific principles. Today I will show you how this is a problem not just in the big topics that many people form political tribes behind, but in almost every individual discipline in science with a few examples.
1. The concept of natives are good and introduced species are bad in ecology
2. The concept of human history itself and the denial of major cataclysms despite massive evidence for them
3. The belief that the only way to protect the environment is to exclude humans from it
4. The concept that all illness is best treated with drugs
5. The myopic view on "climate change" even if the main stream is right about C02
We will also explain that while yes, money and power steer this bias, it is acceptance by scientists of dogmatic beliefs and complete disregard of the very scientific principles they stand on. And that this is true even in areas of science with far less economic outside influence. They dynamic is really a product of the "iron law of bureaucracy" and money just uses that predisposition it does not create it.
Flag Featured in this video is here – https://amzn.to/36wGHXK
Microphone I use – https://amzn.to/3AXdS4C
The New Wild by Fred Pearce – https://amzn.to/3yPW21W
Original Publish Date:
Find out more from this author:
- Back Porch Chat with Jack - 9-24-21
- Ron Paul
- Building a Resilient Lifestyle and Homestead Business
- Knowing When You Need to Take a Step Back – Miyagi Mornings Epi-170
- It isn't All Inflation, Some Crazy Shit is Coming – Miyagi Mornings Epi-169
- Ep 54: Underground Networking
- Betsy Dewey - Know Your Rights. Use Them. Keep Them.
- Surviving Economic Shifts will Require Drastic Thinking – Miyagi Mornings Epi-168
- Understanding How you Think After Military Service – Miyagi Mornings Epi-167
- Back Porch Bloody Mary Livestream Today at 11AM CST
- Get Ready for Bitcoin ETF Fuckery – Miyagi Mornings Epi-166
- Breaking Your Obedience Training – Miyagi Mornings Epi-165
- Building Wealth is Boring – Miyagi Mornings Epi-164
- Could The US Break Up USSR Style? – Miyagi Mornings Epi-163
- Episode - 52 - Civil Disobedience Part 2 - Unloose the Goose